Maria Halkidi is currently Associate Professor at the Department of Digital Systems, University of Piraeus. She obtained her degree in Informatics from University of Piraeus in 1997 and her M.Sc. and PhD degrees from Athens University of Economics & Business (AUEB) in 1999 and 2003, respectively. She has conducted research in AUEB participating in several National and European-funded projects and in University of California at Riverside as a Marie-Curie fellow funded by EU. Her research interests include Learning and Data Mining Techniques, Data Mining in Distributed environments (P2P systems, Sensor networks), WWW & Databases (web documents clustering, web content management). She has also participated in many program committees of international conferences in the areas of Data Mining and Machine Learning. She is member of IEEE and ACM. More information and a list of available publications are available at http://www.unipi.gr/faculty/mhalk.
Publications 2014 – 2019
- Merkourios Karaliopoulos, Leonidas Tsolas , Maria Halkidi, Iordanis Koutsopoulo, Stephanie Van, Peter Conradie. “Beyond clustering: rethinking the segmentation of energy consumers when nudging them towards energy-saving behavior”, accepted to Energy Informatics Review, 2022
- Halkidi, I. Koutsopoulos. “Recommender systems with Selfish Users“. Knowledge and Information Systems, Springer, 2020.
- Koutsopoulos, M. Halkidi. “Optimization of Multi-Stakeholder Recommender Systems for Diversity and Coverage”. AIAI 2021.
- Maria Halkidi, Ι Koutsopoulos. “QGraph: A quality assessment index for graph clustering”. European Conference on Information Retrieval (ECIR), 2019.
- Iordanis Koutsopoulos, Maria Halkidi. “Efficient and Fair Item Coverage in Recommender Systems”. IEEE Intl Conf on Big Data Intelligence and Computing (DataCom’2018), 2018.
- Maria Halkidi, Michalis Vazirgiannis, and Christian M. Hennig. Cluster Validation and Further General Issues: Method-Independent Indices for Cluster Validation and Estimating the Number of Clusters. Handbook of Cluster Analysis. 2015 by Chapman and Hall/CRC
- M. Vazirgiannis, M. Halkidi. “Data Mining”, Gutenberg publishers, 2003 (in Greek)
- M. Vazirgiannis, M. Halkidi, D. Gunopulos, “Quality Assessment and Uncertainty Handling in Data Mining”, Springer-Verlag, LNAI Series, 2003