Position: Senior Java Engineer
Location: Athens, Greece
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our exciting and innovative Performance Marketing team in our Velti office in Athens. You will be responsible for providing design and development leadership in delivering application programs in Java (Java SE, Java EE), SQL, XML/XSL across various channels (Web, Mobile Web, Mobile Apps, IVR, SMS etc.).
- Design, code, test and document application programs in Java (Java SE, Java EE), SQL
- Identify and apply appropriate modern technologies and techniques for software development
- Maintain and enhance existing code and database schemas
- Mentor, advise team members
- Estimate tasks required to complete various development projects including time and resources required
- Closely collaborate with other teams, assist in evolving Velti’s product.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information/Computer Science or a related discipline
- At least 5 years of overall programming work experience
- At least 2 years of experience in web / mobile web application development with solid programming abilities in one or more of the following: Java, Database design & programing (preferable Oracle), web technologies
- At least 1 years of experience leading a small to medium software delivery team.
- Strong communication skills
- A Master’s degree in Information/Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Basic skills in Unix-based OS
- Experience in developing SOAP or REST web services
- Domain knowledge or experience on mobile solutions
- Capable of translating complex functional/business requirements into simple mobile applications
- Passion for learning new technologies and eagerness to collaborate with other creative minds
- Strong desire for exploring, evaluating and understanding new technologies
- Ability to hit tight deadlines and work under pressure and strict attention to detail
- Excellent judgment, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: verbal, written and listening
If you want to make a difference and work with a top-rated team of talented individuals, come and join us. We offer a friendly, diverse work environment and a very competitive benefits package.
If this position is of interest to you and matches your background and career needs, we can’t wait to hear from you!
For more information here.