|Office Hours||Wednesday 11.30 - 12.30 Thursday 12.00 - 13.00|
|Office||505 (150, Androutsou Str, Piraeus, 18532)|
Performance Evaluation of Telecommunication Systems — 8th semester
Signals and Systems — 3rd semester
Digital Communications — 5th semester
Digital Signal Processing — 6th semester
George P. Efthymoglou received the B.S. degree in physics from University of Athens, in 1991 and the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in electrical engineering from Florida Atlantic University, USA, in 1993 and 1997, respectively. From 1993 to 1997 he worked as a telecommunications consultant and gave lectures on the theory and simulation of digital communication systems to employees of companies such as Motorola, Lucent, Harris Corporation, AT&T, and IBM. In 1998, he joined the R&D group of Signal Processing Worksystem (SPW) at Cadence Design Systems, where he worked in projects related to modeling, simulation, and performance evaluation of 3G wireless systems. In 2002, he joined the Department of Digital Systems at the University of Piraeus where he is currently a Professor. His research interests are in the area of digital communications with emphasis on the performance of cellular and satellite communication systems.
Publications 2010 – 2017
- T. Soithong, V. A. Aalo, G. P. Efthymoglou, and C. Chayawan, “Outage Analysis of Multihop Relay Systems in Interference-Limited Nakagami-m Fading Channels,” IEEE Trans. on Vehicular Technology, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 1451-1457, March 2012.
- B. Smida, G. Efthymoglou, S. Ghasamasdaveh, and V. Tarokh, “On Effects of Antenna Pointing Accuracy for On-the-Move Satellite Networks,” IEEE Trans. on Vehicular Technology, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 1677-1686, May 2011.
- N. Bissias, G. P. Efthymoglou, and V. A. Aalo, “Performance of Dual-Hop Relay Systems with Single Relay Selection in Composite Fading Channels,” International Journal of Electronics and Communications (AEU), 2011, doi:10.1016/j.aeue.2011.04.013.
- V. A. Aalo and G. P. Efthymoglou, “Effect of Correlated Non-Gaussian Quadratures on the Performance of Binary Modulations,” Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2011, doi:10.1155/2011/176486.
- G. P. Efthymoglou, “On the Performance Analysis of Digital Modulations in Generalized-K Fading Channels,” Wireless Personal Communications, 2011, doi:10.1007/s11277-011-0277-8.
- A. G. Kanatas, A. Kalis, and G. P. Efthymoglou, “A Single Hop Architecture Exploiting Cooperative Beamforming for Wireless Sensor Networks,” Physical Communication, 2011, doi:10.1016/j.phycom.2011.02.003.
- N. Bissias, G. P. Efthymoglou, and V. A. Aalo, “Performance of Multihop Relay Systems over Composite Fading Channels,” submitted to Journal of Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, Mar. 2010.
- P. Bithas, G. P. Efthymoglou, and N. Sagias, “Spectral Efficiency of Adaptive Transmission and Selection Diversity on Generalized Fading Channels,” IET on Communications, vol. 4, iss. 17, pp. 2058-2064, Nov. 2010.
- A. Kalis, A. G. Kanatas, and G. P. Efthymoglou, “A Co-operative Beamforming Solution for Eliminating Multi-Hop in Wireless Sensor Networks,” Journal on Selected Areas on Communications, vol. 28, no. 7, pp. 1055-1062, Sept. 2010.
- G. P. Efthymoglou, N. Y. Ermolova, and V. A. Aalo, “Channel Capacity and Average Error Rates in Generalized-K Fading Channels,” IET on Communications, vol. 4, iss. 11, pp. 1364-1372, July 2010.
- G. P. Efthymoglou, N. Bissias, and V. A. Aalo, “On the Error Analysis of Dual-Hop Amplify-and-Forward Relaying in Generalized-K Fading Channels,” Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering, June 14, 2010, doi: 10.1155/2010/584594.
- T. Soithong, V. A. Aalo, G. P. Efthymoglou, and M. Alwakeel, “Effect of Interference on Multihop Amplify-and-Forward Relay Systems operating in Rayleigh Fading,” in Proc. PIMRC 2012, Sydney, Australia, Sept. 2012, pp. 1-5.
- T. Soithong, V. A. Aalo, G. P. Efthymoglou, and C. Chayawan, “Performance of Multihop Relay Systems in a Rayleigh Fading Environment with Co-Channel Interference” in Proc. IEEE GLOBECOM 2011, Houston, Texas, USA, Dec. 2011, pp. 1-5.
- V. A. Aalo and G. P. Efthymoglou, “Evaluation of Call Dropping Probability for a Heterogeneous Wireless Network with Uniformly Distributed Handoff Failure Rates,” IEEE GLOBECOM 2010, Miami, Florida.
- V. Aalo and G. Efthymoglou, “Average Error Rate of a Two-Hop Amplify-and-Forward Relay Scheme in Composite Fading Channels,” International Conference on VLSI Design and Communication Systems, Chennai, India, 8-10 Jan. 2010.