E-Learning Systems Support Specialist
ALERE – Bensenville, IL
The e-Learning Systems Support Specialist is a key member of Alere’s Organizational Development team. This position provides critical technical and administrative support for METRO (Alere’s Learning Management System [LMS]) by handling escalated help desk tickets for end users, administering key programs housed on METRO and generating learning activity reports. This position serves as the central contact point for employees and HR contacts globally to distribute communication, answer questions and provide technical support.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBLITIES of the e-Learning Systems Support Specialist. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide 2nd Level support for METRO related issues escalated from all Alere Help Desks.
- Provide 2nd Level support for METRO related issues for staff with no access to Alere’s Help Desk
- Provide 2nd Level support to Alere educators needing assistance with METRO administrative tasks 0 Generate and distribute scheduled and requested reports from METRO
- Perform scheduled maintenance tasks on LMS
- Provide administrative support for Alere’s Global Compliance Training Program to include registrations, tracking, reporting and program maintenance
- Manage New Associate Orientation to include registrations, tracking, reporting and program maintenance
- Support METRO Partners as needed with LMS Administrative tasks
- High School degree required.
- College degree in related field is a plus.
- Will accept appropriate level of experience in lieu of degree.
- 1-3 years experience providing technical support (via telephone)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products (i.e. PowerPoint, Word, Excel, & Outlook)
- Ability to quickly learn and adopt new technology skills and apply to Learning & Development related deliverables
- Previous experience with remote desktop software is a plus
- Previous experience performing administrative tasks in a Learning Management System is a plus
- Previous experience using a support desk ticketing system is a plus
- Previous experience using Microsoft SharePoint is a plus
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and listening skills
- Must be energetic, enthusiastic, positive and creative
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel. Treat all with dignity and respect. Open and receptive to their needs
- Proactive approach in resolving problems and issues
- Works as a collaborative team member in and with diverse groups/audiences
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Ability to handle many simultaneous, and often conflicting, priorities
- Adaptable and open to new approaches and feedback
- Knowledge of instructional design methodology and application of adult learning theory is a plus
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality in handling employee information
- Participate in training activities to increase personal skill levels Alere Inc. (NYSE: ALR), is a global leader in enabling individuals to take charge of their health at home through the merger of rapid diagnostics and health management. By developing new capabilities in near-patient diagnosis, monitoring and health management, Alere enables individuals to take charge of improving their health and quality of life at home. Alere’s global leading products and services, as well as its new product development efforts, focus on infectious disease, cardiology, oncology, toxicology and women’s health. Alere is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. For additional information on Alere, please visit www.alere.com. Alere Inc. offers a competitive compensation package, including medical and dental benefits, 401K with company match, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, vacation and holiday pay, casual atmosphere and more. Alere Inc. is an equal employment/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability please send an email to email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request.