|Office Hours||Wednesday 15:00-16:00, Friday 12:30-13:30|
|Office||205 (150, Androutsou Str, Piraeus, 18532)|
Data Warehouses and Data Mining — 8th semester
Database Systems — 5th semester
Advanced Topics in Data Analytics — 7th semester
Database Systems Design — 4th semester
Maria Halkidi is currently Assistant Professor at the Department of Digital Systems, University of Piraeus. She obtained her degree in Informatics from University of Piraeus in 1997 and her M.Sc. and PhD degrees from Athens University of Economics & Business (AUEB) in 1999 and 2003, respectively. She has conducted research in AUEB participating in several National and European-funded projects and in University of California at Riverside as a Marie-Curie fellow funded by EU. Her research interests include Learning and Data Mining Techniques, Data Mining in Distributed environments (P2P systems, Sensor networks), WWW & Databases (web documents clustering, web content management). She has also participated in many program committees of international conferences in the areas of Data Mining and Machine Learning. She is member of IEEE and ACM. More information and a list of available publications are available at http://www.unipi.gr/faculty/mhalk.
Publications 2014 – 2019
- I. Koutsopoulos and M. Halkidi, “Distributed energy-efficient estimation in spatially correlated wireless sensor networks
- Maria Halkidi, Ι Koutsopoulos. “QGraph: A quality assessment index for graph clustering”. accepted as short paper in European Conference on Information Retrieval (ECIR), 2019.
- Iordanis Koutsopoulos, Maria Halkidi. “Efficient and Fair Item Coverage in Recommender Systems”. IEEE Intl Conf on Big Data Intelligence and Computing (DataCom’2018), 2018
- Maria Karanasou, Anneta Ampla, Christos Doulkeridis, Maria Halkidi. “Scalable and Real-time Sentiment Analysis of Twitter Data”, SENTITE (in conjunction with IEEE ICDM workshop), 2016.
- Koutsopoulos, A. Gionis, M. Halkidi. “Auctioning Data for Learning”, MoDAT, (in conjunction with IEEE ICDM 2015), 2015
- Vahabi, I. Koutsopoulos, F. Gullo, M. Halkidi. “Optimal User Engagement through Social-Diffusion-Aware Recommender Systems”, CIKM 2015.
- Maria Karanasou, Christos Doulkeridis and Maria Halkidi: “DsUniPi: An SVM-based approach for Sentiment Analysis of Figurative Language on Twitter”, 9th International Workshop on Semantic Evaluation (SemEval 2015), Denver, Colorado, June 4-5, 2015.
- Maria Halkidi, Michalis Vazirgiannis, and Christian M. Hennig. Cluster Validation and Further General Issues: Method-Independent Indices for Cluster Validation and Estimating the Number of Clusters. Handbook of Cluster Analysis. 2015 by Chapman and Hall/CRC
- M. Vazirgiannis, M. Halkidi. “Data Mining”, Gutenberg publishers, 2003 (in Greek)
- M. Vazirgiannis, M. Halkidi, D. Gunopulos, “Quality Assessment and Uncertainty Handling in Data Mining”, Springer-Verlag, LNAI Series, 2003