Research Engineer, Wireless Networking (Small Cells)
Bell Labs are opening a position for a full-time researcher in the field of wireless communications.
Bell Labs’ research facility in Dublin, Ireland is a leading end-to-end systems and solutions lab working in the areas of, wireless networks, autonomic networking, cloud and distributed computing, services-centric operations research, data analytics, and thermal management. We have an opening for a research engineer/computer scientist in our Small Cells Research team.
A successful candidate will have strong experience in wireless communication networks. The position involves creating and proving new technologies in autonomous networks.
- Carry out state-of-the-art research in the areas of planning, deployment, operation and future evolution of small cell network.
- Propose and publish research in major research publications worldwide.
- Partner with business units to ensure the successful exploitation of research outputs.
- Generate intellectual property through the patenting of ideas.
- Create and maintain strong collaborative associations with university-based researchers, other leading research bodies, business units and government agencies.
- Contribute in a positive manner to the creative and innovative atmosphere in Bell Labs.
Qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Candidates must have a PhD in any related electronic engineering or computer science domain.
- Candidate must have the ability to conduct independent research while also contributing to team-oriented projects that often span across multiple Bell Labs sites.
- A successful candidate will be versatile, flexible, hands-on, and a self-starter.
- Experience of development activities is also desirable.
Candidates must have experience in wireless networks and systems, with the following skills and experiences being highly desirable:
- Optimisation of wireless networks, particularly for SON.
- Familiarity with cellular networking systems (UMTS/LTE).
- Wireless network simulation modelling.
- Small cell/femtocell networks.
- Strong written and spoken communications skills, able to participate in robust discussions in English.
- Good track record in a research arena or strong industrial experience
- Proven problem solving and analysis ability
A comprehensive benefits package exists including relocation costs.
Interested candidates should send a complete resume to dr. Stepan KUCERA at email@example.com