American International Education Development Council
Global Educators Initiative (GEI) program
Tsinghua High School, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Educational Technology Specialist
We are seeking a certified Educational Technology Specialist who has background in teaching computer technology courses as well as integrating technology into curriculum and instruction. This individual must be willing to work cooperatively with other staff members as well as parents. While most responsibilities are delineated below, the individual must be flexible and willing to lend a hand when and where needed.
- Provide a nurturing, caring and supportive environment for students.
- Provide consultation, support and training to faculty for the integration of technology in curriculum, teaching and learning.
- Collaborate with teachers to identify and develop technology-integrated projects that broaden and enhance students’ learning experiences and enrich their understanding.
- Teach high school courses ranging from Computer Science to Microsoft Office Certifications.
- Write and implement units of instruction utilizing the Understanding by Design (backward design) format.
- Reinforce Literacy skills via learning projects and classroom lessons.
- Work with the Secondary Director on various aspects of “PowerSchool” the on line student information system. This will include the development of the school wide teaching schedule.
- Assist with the development of the school’s Accreditation plan including imbedding video and digital photographs into the narrative reports.
- Work with the ESL students within the regular class while maintaining an English only classroom and collaborating with the ESL teacher.
- Maintain a strong positive and informative relationship with parents.
- Prepare for and participate in all parent conferences.
- Work with the science department in the development of the after school robotics club for middle school students.
- Participate actively in staff meetings and accreditation committee meetings some of which are held after school.
- Actively engage in professional development during school sessions as well as during the normal school day.
- Occasionally cover a class for a colleague.
- Participate and/or lead school special events that may occur in the evenings and/or weekends.
- Coordinate instruction with other departments when possible.
- Native speaker of English
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Technology related area.
- State or Provincial Certification as an Educational Technology Specialist.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Classroom teaching experience.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to work independently and foster positive interpersonal relationships with faculty, staff and • administrators.
- Working knowledge of Macintosh and PC systems, peripherals, and software applications.
- Working knowledge of internet and video technologies.
- Background in HTML and at least one other programming language.
Salary and Benefits
Annual salary based on experience and ranges between $30,000 and $48,000 with an additional $600 for a Master’s Degree.
$560 per month toward housing; $721 the second year.
$3,200 toward Health Insurance.
$80 per month added in to cover part of the taxes taken.
A flight to Beijing. Teachers are picked up at the Beijing airport by our staff and transported to the dorm where they may stay for up to 3 weeks without charge while looking for an apartment.
A flight home after school ends in June and after completing the terms of the contract.
School pays for the work visa and Heath Check. The Health Check takes place in Beijing after arrival.
The school will provide an orientation to the school and Beijing for new employees. The orientation will include assistance in finding a suitable apartment.