E-Learning Instructional Designer
United Educators – Chevy Chase, MD
I. POSITION PURPOSE
Participates in developing instructional material, writes and edits instructional content, and produces blended learning courses and materials. Works with the Director of Learning Design, other risk management staff and subject matter experts (SMEs) to identify learning objectives, create storyboards, draft scripts, and draft design specifications for simple interactions or multimedia for online courses. Develops Instructor and Participant Guides. Uses e-learning development tools to design, develop, and administer online courses on risk management, insurance, and liability topics for administrators, faculty, staff, and students at colleges, universities, and schools.
II. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- At least two years of experience in developing interactive, media-rich, self-paced online courses for professional development purposes.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of instructional design techniques and concepts.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, particularly as used in the development of instructional content.
- Experience with at least one Learning Management System (LMS) and at least one e-learning development tool (Articulate or Captivate strongly preferred)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal coaching or supervision.
- Ability to work under strict time and production deadlines, while producing quality deliverables.
- Bachelors degree.
- Ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Experience developing training or teaching materials for synchronous workshops or classroom use is desirable but not required.
III. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Develops instructional content for self-paced online courses and web-based training materials, with guidance from the Senior Instructional Designer and/or Director of Learning Design.
- Participates in the design and development of storyboards and training materials.
- Drafts design specifications for multimedia
- Collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design and authoring of linear courses and training materials on risk management, insurance and liability topics.
- Uses an LMS and e-learning development tools to design, develop, and implement linear online courses and related materials.
- Participates in alpha- and beta-testing of course materials under the direction of the Senior Instructional Designer and/or Director of Learning Design
- Functions on project and course development teams as needed to design and develop course and workshop materials, including Instructor Guides and Participant Guides to support presentations.