Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
You have an innate understanding of technology. You always know how a program works, even when others do not. You are passionate about making things faster and more efficient, truly pushing software to its limits.
Software Development Engineers in Test are highly technical and you use your technical prowess to build and maintain automation systems, debug and isolate problems and execute creative tests to make sure our software is ready for prime time. SDETs write lots of code—code to test software features and code to extend our automation infrastructure. You work closely with Software Development Engineers (SDEs) and Program Managers (PMs), each contributing equally to the development life cycle. You enjoy breadth in your job and continually look for ways to integrate systems across business groups and products.
- Pursuing a B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Excellent programming skills. Experience with object oriented programming languages. C, C++, and/or C# experience preferred
- Familiarity with data structures and algorithms
- Ability to solve complex problems with customer experience in mind
- Ability to author test plans and cases, conduct security and stress tests and debug at source level after identifying, investigating and prioritizing bugs
- Please APPLY NOW to be considered for a first round interview. You will be contacted by a recruiter if you are selected for an interview to confirm the date and time.
- Information on Microsoft Benefits, including complete relocation, US work visa sponsorship and other perks are available at www.microsoft.com/university
- University recruiters at Microsoft review resumes with the following topical areas in mind: 1) Academic Record, 2) Relevant Work Experience, 3) Leadership
- Please note we are seeking SDE and SDET Full Time & Intern candidates.