Open Position: Research Assistant – Front-End Developer/Designer at the Centre for Next Generation Localisation at Trinity College Dublin
We wish to recruit a Front End Developer, Research Assistant on a fixed term contract basis with primary responsibility for designing, implementing and deploying a Personalised eLearning Web 2.0 platform that integrates cutting edge language technology with digital content adaptation and semantic web tools.
The successful candidates will provide web application development skills, functional and non-functional requirements gathering for internal development tasks required to support the commercialisation of research in CNGL. The successful candidates will work closely with academics and key research staff to deliver systems in support of the group’s research activities in a novel computer assisted Language Learning application.
Key elements of the role include
- Collaboration with TCD researcher to bring a research prototype to product/market fit, using Lean Customer Development Approaches
- Analysis of front end application design requirements based upon customer development analysis results
- Coordinating and communicating with academic and industrial stakeholders
- Carrying out other startup related tasks as required
- Minimum two year front end designer
- Honours degree in Computer Programming or similar technical discipline
- Excellent code optimization and software design principles as well as excellent analytical skills
- Strong team player who is able to take responsibility to contribute to the overall success of the team.
- Proven ability to conform to development/web standards
- Work well in both a team environment and independently
Nice to Have
- Previous background in Lean Customer Development techniques
- Previous experience working with Twitter Bootstrap, Jquery, Closure or AngularJS Tools
- Java programming is not required but would be an advantage
- Previous experience working in startup environments
- Speaks and/or is currently learning various languages
Please send your application, CV to Killian Levacher (email@example.com)
Closing Date for Applications: 31rst of March
Application forms and further particulars can be found at: http://kdeg.scss.tcd.ie/front-end-devdesigner-research-assistant