|Office Hours||Fall: Tuesday 15:00-17:00|
|Office||104 (150, Androutsou Str, Piraeus, 18532)|
Mobile and Personal Communication Networks — 8th semester
Systems Simulation — 7th semester
Internet Protocols — 6th semester
Design and Optimization of Networks — 7th semester
Angelos Rouskas received the five-year Diploma in electrical engineering from the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), the MS degree in communications and signal processing from Imperial College, London, and the PhD degree in electrical and computer engineering from NTUA. He is currently a Professor in the Department of Digital Systems, University of Piraeus, Greece, and has been a Lecturer, Assistant Professor and Director of the Computer and Communication Systems Laboratory in the Department Information and Communication Systems Engineering, University of the Aegean, Greece (2000-2009). During the last decade Dr Rouskas has been teaching many undergraduate and postgraduate courses on wireless networks, mobile communications and computer networking and has been involved in several Greek and European funded research projects, while in the past has been a member of the Network Design Department of the Greek Cellular Operator CosmOTE. Dr Rouskas was the TPC co-chair of the European Wireless 2006 Conference and has served as a TPC member in several international conferences. His main research interests are in the areas of next generation mobile and wireless communication networks.
Publications 2011 – 2018
- George Kyriazis and Angelos Rouskas, “Joint Access and Backhaul Power Consumption Optimization in Heterogeneous Mobile Broadband Networks”, Journal of Green Engineering, River Publishers, doi: 10.13052/jge1904-4720.641, April 2017, https://riverpublishers.com/journal_read_html_article.php?j=JGE/6/4/1.
- Angelos Rouskas, George Kyriazis, and Dimitris Komnakos, “Green optimization schemes for mobile network design and operation”, Wireless Personal Communications, Springer, doi: 10.1007/s11277-017-4350-9, May 2017, http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11277-017-4350-9.
- George Kyriazis and Angelos Rouskas, “Design and Operation of Energy Efficient Heterogeneous Mobile Networks”, Springer Wireless Networks, doi: 10.1007/s11276-015-1083-0, 2015.
- Pavlos Kosmides, Evgenia Adamopoulou, Konstantinos Demestichas, Michael Theologou, Miltiades Anagnostou, and Angelos Rouskas, “Socially Aware Heterogeneous Wireless Networks”, MDPI – Open Access Publishing, Sensors 2015, 15, pp 13705-13724, doi:10.3390/s150613705.
- Pavlos Kosmides, Angelos Rouskas, and Miltiades E Anagnostou, “Utility-based RAT Selection Optimization in Heterogeneous Wireless Networks”, Elsevier Pervasive and Mobile Computing, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.pmcj.2013.03.007, available online April 15, 2013.
- Dimitrios Komnakos, Dimitrios N. Skoutas, Demosthenes Vouyioukas and Angelos N. Rouskas, “A Delay Optimal Scheduling Policy for Real Time Services in WCDMA Systems”, Springer Wireless Personal Communications Journal, Vol. 61, Issue 2, pp 435-445, November 2011.
- Efthymios Oikonomou and Angelos Rouskas, “Optimized Cloudlet management in Edge Computing environment”, in the Proceedings of IEEE 23rd International Workshop on Computer Aided Modeling and Design of Communication Links and Networks (CAMAD), Barcelona, Spain, Sep. 2018.
- Georgios Kyriazis and Angelos Rouskas, “Energy Efficient Wireless In-Band Backhaul in Heterogeneous Networking Environments”, 7th Symposium on Green Networking and Computing (SGNC 2016) in conjunction with the 24th International Conference on Software, Telecommunications and Computer Networks (SoftCom 2016), Split, Croatia, Sep. 2016.
- Dimitris Kelaidonis, Vera Stavroulaki, Vassilis Foteinos, George Poulios, Kostas Petsas, Angelos Rouskas, Panagiotis Demestichas, Panagiotis Vlacheas, and Antonis Moustakos, “Self-Organizing Virtual Devices in the Internet of Things Networks”, 1st International Workshop on Self Organized Adaptive Communications (SOAComm2016) in conjunction with the 7th International Conference on Information, Intelligence, Systems and Applications, 13-15 July, 2016, Chalkidiki, Greece.
- Dimitris Kelaidonis, Angelos Rouskas, Panagiotis Vlacheas, Vera Stavroulaki, Panagiotis Demestichas, “A Federated Edge Cloud-IoT Architecture”, in Proc of European Conference on Networks and Communications 2016: Convergence with Emerging Concepts, Athens, June 2016.
- George T. Karetsos, Angelos Rouskas, and Fotis Foukalas, “Spectrum Efficient Network Selection in Heterogeneous Wireless Networking Environments”, International Conference ‘Science in Technology’ SCinTE 2015, Athens, November 5-7, 2015.
- George T. Karetsos, Angelos Rouskas, and Fotis Foukalas, “’Energy-efficient Traffic Bypassing in LTE HetNets with Mobile Relays”, in the Proceedings of the 11th IEEE International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications (IEEE WiMob 2015), 3rd International Workshop on the GReen Optimized Wireless Networks (GROWN 2015), 19 – 21 October 2015, Abu Dhabi.
- Dimitra Panagiotou, Efthymios Oikonomou, and Angelos Rouskas, “Energy-efficient Virtual Machine Provisioning Mechanism in Cloud Computing Environments”, in the Proceedings of the 19th Panhellenic Conference on Informatics, Athens, Greece, 1-3 October 2015, proceedings published in ACM International Conference Proceedings Series.
- Efthymios Oikonomou, Dimitra Panagiotou, and Angelos Rouskas, “Energy-aware Management of Virtual Machines in Cloud Data Centers”, in the Proceedings of the 2nd Workshop on Innovative European Policies and Applied Measures for Developing Smart Cities (IPMSC2015), in conjunction with the 16th EANN Engineering Applications of Neural Networks Conference, proceedings published in ACM International Conference Proceedings Series., Rhodes, Greece, Sep 2015.
- Pavlos Kosmides, Evgenia Adamopoulou, Konstantinos Demestichas, Miltiades Anagnostou, and Angelos Rouskas, “On Intelligent Base Station Activation for Next Generation Wireless Networks”, The 6th International Conference on Emerging Ubiquitous Systems and Pervasive Networks (EUSPN 2015), Elsevier Procedia Computer Science 63 (2015) pp. 82 – 88, Sep. 2015, Berlin.
- Georgios Kyriazis, Angelos Rouskas, and George Karetsos, “Energy-efficient Base Station Management in Heterogeneous Networking Environments”, in the Proceedings of the 20th IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communication (ISCC 2015), Larnaca, Cyprus, July 2015.
- Georgios Kyriazis and Angelos Rouskas, “Energy optimization schemes in heterogeneous wireless mobile networks”, in the Proceedings of IEEE 19th International Workshop on Computer Aided Modeling and Design of Communication Links and Networks (CAMAD), Dec. 1-3, 2014, Athens, Greece.
- P. Kosmides, K. Demestichas, A. Rouskas, E. Adamopoulou and M. Anagnostou, ‘‘Introducing Social Awareness to Next Generation Wireless Networks”, Mathematical Methods & Computational Techniques in Science & Engineering, 28-30 November 2014, Athens, Greece.
- Georgios Kyriazis and Angelos Rouskas, “RBS Activation Schemes for Minimum Power Consumption inMobile Networks”, Fourth International Conference on Selected Topics in Mobile & Wireless Networking (MoWNet’2014), Elsevier Procedia Computer Science 00 (2014), Rome, Sep 2014.
- Olympia Siviloglou, Angelos Rouskas, and George Karetsos, “Association of Mobile Stations in Cellular Networks with Relay Nodes”, 37th International Conference on Telecommunications and Signal Processing 2014, July 1-3, 2014, Berlin, Germany.
- Dimitris Komnakos, Angelos Rouskas and Revekka Trigka, “Mobile Networks Planning for Minimum Power Consumption”, in the Proceedings of the IEEE/IFIP Wireless Days 2013, November 13-15, 2013, Valencia, Spain.
- Angelos Rouskas and Revekka Trigka, “Efficient power consumption in a mobile network consisting of macro and micro BSs”, ETSI-Workshop on Environmental Impact Assessment and Energy Efficiency 2013, October 7-8, 2013, Athens, Greece.
- Dimitris Komnakos, Angelos Rouskas and Antonis Gotsis, “Energy Efficient Base Station Placement and Operation in Mobile Networks”, in the Proceedings of the 19th European Wireless Conference, April 16-18, 2013, Guildford, UK.
- Angelos Rouskas, Pavlos Kosmides, Anastassios Kikilis, and Miltiades Anagnostou, “RAT Selection Optimization in Heterogeneous Wireless Networks”, Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering (LNICST), 1, Volume 66, Broadband Communications, Networks, and Systems, Part 4, Pages 460-472, SpringerLink Date, Tuesday, May 01, 2012.
- Pavlos Kosmides, Angelos Rouskas, and Miltiades E Anagnostou, “Network Selection in Heterogeneous Wireless Environments”, in the proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Telecommunications ICT 2011, Ayia Napa, Cyprus, May 8-11, 2011.