|Professors||Dimosthenis Kyriazis Vassiliki Koufi|
|Lecture hours||3 hours|
|Lab hours||2 hours|
|Digital resources||View on Evdoxos (Open e-Class)|
This course addresses concepts and technologies concerning the development of internet systems and applications. With the completion of the course, the student will be in position:
- to understand and become familiar with the key concepts and principles of web programming including aspects related to client-server programming, server- and client- side development.
- to know the background and key concepts governing the web applications by analyzing the pros and cons of architectural and implementation decisions.
- Web server technologies.
- Client and server-side programming.
- Client-side development
- Hyper Text Markup Language 5 (HTML5)
- Cascading Style Sheets 3 (CSS3)
- Server-side development
- PHP and MySQL
- Server deployment/ applications
Moreover, the EVDOXOS system is utilized to provide additional useful information to the students as well as exercises that respond to the corresponding thematic topics / sessions covered by the course.
- S. Retalis, G. Tselios, «HTML lessons: From simple to complex», 2012
- Kavouras, Milis, Xilomenos, Roukounaki, “Distributed systems with Java”, 2014
- Harvey Deitel, Paul Deitel, «Internet & World Wide Web Programming», 2015