Educational Digital Systems
|Lecture hours||3 hours|
|Lab hours||2 hours|
|Digital resources||View on Evdoxos (Open e-Class)|
With the completion of the course, the student will be able:
- to know and understand the key concepts of exploiting digital technologies in teaching, learning and assessment of learning in K12 School Education.
- to analyse, assess, select and justify a pedagogically appropriate educational technologies to support different teaching strategies in K12 School Education.
- to design and create pedagogically grounded technology-supported teaching and learning scenarios for the K12 education.
The learning objectives of the course are aligned to the Greek State qualification framework for a teaching licence in K12 school education.
- 1. Technology-Supported and Technology-Enhanced Teaching and Learning in School Education: Theoretical Underpinnings
- 2. Integrating Technology in School Education (teaching, learning and assessment of learning): Models and Practice
- 3. Taxonomy of Educational Technologies in School Education
- 4. Educational Technologies for supporting different teaching and learning strategies
- 4.1. Tutorials
- 4.2. Drill and Practice
- 4.3. Problem solving
- 4.4. Modeling
- 4.5. Virtual Labs and Simulations
- 4.6. Inquiry-based Learning
- 4.7. Collaborative Learning
- 4.8. Assessment of Learning
- o 4.9. Educational Games
- 5. Digital School Infrastructure
- 5.1. Interactive Boards
- 5.2. ICT School Laboratory
- Textbook in Greek (provided for free)
- Additional Open Access Educational Resources available through the course management system