Collaborative Learning Environments
|Lecture hours||3 hours|
|Lab hours||2 hours|
|Digital resources||View on Evdoxos (Open e-Class)|
This course introduces students to theoretical and applied research of collaborative learning (CSCL/W) depending in social cognition and social constructivism learning theories (situated learning – cognitive apprenticeship).
On completion of the course, the students will be able:
- to demonstrate knowledge in designing CSCL/W in educational and business settings.
- to choose and critically evaluate the perspectives of social & dialectical constructivism:
- to realize how CSCL/W can facilitate sharing and distributing of knowledge and expertise among community members.
- to synthesize projects in the context of socio-cognitive and social constructivism models in a CSCL/W.
- to create CSCL project in schooling, training/vocational environments.
- to realize the added value of collaboration in global society (multicultural awareness).
- CSCL/W in educational and working environments for peers in shared/collaborative settings.
- Socio-Cognitive approaches of learning.
- The social & dialectical constructivism: CSCL theories, principles, strategies, roles, artifacts/activities.
- The Vygotskian theory, situated learning, cognitive flexibility theory, cognitive apprenticeship, problem/project-based learning, self-regulated learning, self-directed learning, communities of practice.
- Shared and distributed knowledge and expertise with peers and community members (community of practices).
- Authentic assessment in collaborative learning on digital systems related to school/training/vocational environments.
Dillenbourg P., Fischer F., Kollar I., Mandl H. & Haake J.M. (2007): Scripting Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning, Springer.
Kobbe L. (2006): Framework on multiple goal dimensions for computer-supported scripts, Kaleidoscope.
Barkley, E & Major, C. H. & Cross, K.P. (2016) Collaborative Learning Techniques: A Handbook for College Faculty 2nd Edition, Jossey-Bass.
Goggins, S.P., Jahnke, I. & Wulf, V. (2013). Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning at the Workplace: CSCL@Work, Elesevier.
Sharratt, L.D. & Planche B. M. (2016). Leading Collaborative Learning: Empowering Excellence, Corwin.