Learning Management Systems Specialist
Communities in Schools, Inc. – Arlington, VA
Key Responsibilities of the Learning Management System (LMS) Specialist
- Convert all course content into e-learning format and design course assessments using course authoring tools.
- Publish courses inside the LMS and complete updates or revisions as guided by the Talent Development team.
- Establish and manage community engagement aspects of the LMS, collaborating with Talent Development team members.
- Produce regular project reports and measure student participation and progress.
- Manage relations with the external LMS vendor regarding all technical aspects and use of the platform.
- Support management of budget lines relating to LMS vendor contracts.
- Provide training and demonstrations related to e-learning as required.
- Set up and manage the help-desk function for the LMS; assisting network learners in resolving technical difficulties related to accessing the LMS and course content.
- Create innovative and efficient solutions for LMS system users.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- Communities In Schools is a nonprofit organization which stays true to its mission but does so using the best for-profit practices.
- One of Communities In Schools’ greatest assets is its human capital. Our small but diverse and talented staff is committed to moving the needle on the dropout problem.
- Communities In Schools has a generous benefits package, which includes five weeks of paid time off in each of the first two years of employment, a 403(b) plan, and subsidized health and dental insurance.
Communities In Schools is committed to a workforce that is representative of the varied communities we are privileged to serve. We provide a work environment that respects and values all persons, regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, sexual orientation or disability.
Target Hire Date
Face-to-face interviews with members of the Talent Development team.
Please forward résumé and cover letter with salary requirements to jobs(-at-)cisnet.org  with “LMS Specialist” in subject line.