The objective of this course is to focus on short range communications with emphasis on adhoc networks, wireless sensor networks and applications.
- Short range communications: Personal Area Networks (PAN), Body Area Networks (BAN), Ultra Wide Band communications.
- AdHoc Networks: Physical layer and transceiver design, MAC layer design, connectivity, topologies and routing.
- Wireless Sensor Networks: Information-theoretic bounds on sensor network performance, detection and estimation, cooperative transmission, localization and positioning, energy efficiency.
- Applications: eCommerce, safety, digital home, eHealth.
- Swami A. (Ed.) (2007): Wireless Sensor Networks: Signal Processing and Communications, John Wiley and Sons.
- Kraemer R. & Katz M. (2008): Short-range wireless communications: Emerging technologies and applications, Wiley.