What We Do
ASK is Research Program on Learning Technologies founded in 1999 by Professor Demetrios Sampson.
Our research focuses on methods and tools for:
- Educational Data Analytics, including Teaching and Learning Analytics
- Context-aware Adaptive and Personalised (Mobile) Learning
- Open Access to Educational Resources and Practices
We have a long history in the field of Learning Technologies:
- Being engaged in 60 Research and Innovation projects attracting external funding more than 10 Million €
- Producing more than 400 research publications with a significant international scientific impact in terms of citations (more than 4650 citations)
- Being awarded 10 times best paper awards in international conferences on Learning Technologies for our research outcomes
- Providing the research environment for more than 150 honors and postgraduate students for their research projects
- Offering the edX course on “Analytics for the Classroom Teacher”, the first edX course introducing the emerging field of teaching and learning analytics from the perspective of a classroom teacher which has attracted more than 8500 participants from 147 countries around the world since October 2016
- Leading major international initiatives such as: one of the first open access academic journals in Learning Technologies (the Educational Technology & Society Journal, ranked as #3 in Scholar Google Top Publications in Educational Technology), the flagship international conference of the IEEE Computer Society in Learning Technologies (ICALT, the IEEE International Conference in Advanced Learning Technologies) and one of the largest international professional community in Learning Technologies (IEEE Technical Committee on Learning Technologies).